Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Taco Pizza


My mom used to make this for me when I was younger. It is simple and so so so yummy. My husband Chris could not get enough of it when I made it the other night. To save money I just made my own crescent roll dough but the canned kind works great as well.

2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1 pound ground beef
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
1 medium tomato, chopped
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded lettuce

Unroll crescent roll dough and place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Flatten dough to fit the pan, sealing seams and perforations. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown; cool. In a small bowl, blend cream cheese and sour cream with a wire whisk; spread over crust. Chill 30 minutes.


Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown beef; drain. Stir in taco seasoning. Add water according to package directions and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with olives, tomato, cheeses and lettuce. Cut into serving-size pieces. Serve immediately or refrigerate.

2 comments:

  1. we were so talking about this today!!! delish! what is your email so I can add you and then you can see my blog too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps the crust we were talking about as well.. is this the receipe what you were talking about? I couldn't find anything that said homemade crust in later posts..

    ReplyDelete